Tuesday, October 7, 2008

cleaning our spare room

we live in a very small cape cod so clutter takes its toll on this house. i am a minnamlist while every one else who lives here loves their clutter.needless to say its quite the task to keep up with these two guys.today i decided it would be a good day to start cleaning our spare room/laundry room. although the room is very small it takes awhile to clean it,with small rooms there is just no where to put things while you clean. i spent about an hour and decided enough was enough and will try to tackle it every day i have off, even if i only spend 15 minutes on it.
funny how things like this get ahead of you then the job begins to seem over whelming and its easier to just close the door and walk away but if your persistant and keep at it sooner or later its amazing what you can do.we can find clutter every where including our hearts and souls it reminds me of when i became orthodox the task of reading the bible daily, praying, going to confession and learning about this faith seemed an up hill task but little by little it came to me, made sense and seemed possible to follow. although i still have an uphill battle every day i know small steps forward are still steps in the right direction.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand what you mean when you say, it becomes over-whelming all things in your life. Physical and spiritual. Being Orthodox, I find that everyone is on a different page, especially when people are discussing their beliefs, based on what their parents believed in a different world. This change, even faith. Sometimes I am taking baby-steps backward. As far as cleaning, now I know why my father threw things away. When I don't feel like it, I don't do it. Funny, how it doesn't matter. These are things that are superficial. Loving each other, critical.

Anonymous said...

Linda, I enjoy reading your posts. I would like to include your blogs on my blogspot, with your permission.

linda said...

yes anonymous you may add me to your blog spot. linda