Thursday, August 12, 2010

Actions Of Love

Several days ago I decided to take out my rotisserie and make a turkey for supper.
I had bought it three days prior and it was defrosted enough to cook.
Now although it was very warm that day I decided to start it at 8am and it was to be done in three hours.
My husband and I pulled it apart,sorted all the slices into several dishes,including one for the dog and once everything cooled we froze most of it leaving enough for sandwiches with fresh garden tomatoes for supper.
Now why,you may ask,would I go through all this trouble in the middle of summer? Well because this is what Vic likes and sometimes its a good thing when your married to go through all the trouble to make something special just to say "I love you and you are important to me".
After supper I decided not to clean the whole rotisserie but to just wash some of the smaller parts saving the rest for the next day when I got home from work.
Well funny how that didn't happen.
Being a long day yesterday and coming home late I quickly made supper and sat down to the computer then went to bed forgetting to clean my messy,greasy rotisserie.
This morning I decided enough was enough and I must clean that silly thing.
After I finished the dishes in the sink I moved on to the rotisserie which to my surprise was not down stairs but stored away.
"Oh no" I though,"I hope Vic didn't think its was clean and put it away greasy".
So up to the spare room I went to find it neatly stowed away all washed and shiny clean.
I went down stairs and asked him if he had cleaned it,to which he said "yes".I was so happy I told him he did a great job and I was very proud of him.
This is what love is really about. Its not the words you say its the actions you do for each other that proves the worth of the relationship.
Always take the time to say I love you and when necessary use words.....

No comments: