Thursday, January 29, 2009

New England or New Iceland

This morning when I woke up and opened the front door to let the dog out I decided that I did not live in New England,no our 1/4 acre estate sits in New Iceland. All you could see from the steps to the road was one full sheet of ice.
After letting the dog back in I went back to bed for several more hours and this time on arising, I saw it, I couldn't believe it, but I did I saw a sight I can honestly say I have not seen in some time.what is it you ask?.... THE SUN....I know I couldn't believe it either I thought for sure Al Gore might be right but this morning proved him wrong we are not in an ice age.Thank goodness,I would hate to be a Conservative and have to admit he was right.
Today I decided to plant some indoor tulip bulbs and put then in our bedroom window,one way or the other I plan on seeing some spring.Where is the green grass,the bunnies,the flowers and the butterflies? they have to be coming soon because.... THE SUN IS SHINING..."alright mother nature you go girl"... lets see some of the beauty you are hiding from us because God knows were all ready, come on you can do it I have faith in you.
Last Autumn Fr. Peter asked John,Laura and I to plant spring bulbs in front of our church,at the time it seemed like so much work in the hot fall sun but now the excitement of thinking about the ascetic beauty they will bring as they bloom has made me see our Fr.Peters' vision. hopefully, if they will co-operate,tulips will be in bloom.Jesus said "Solomon and all his glory was not arrayed as one of these" At this point in the frosty,icy winter I can fully see what he meant.Bloom baby bloom cause we need a litle spring..

No comments: