Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Am

When I was a child I remember watching the movie "Moses" with Charlton Heston.
When Moses goes up to the mountain and the burning bush speaks to him,Moses says who are you? God replies "I am the God of Abraham,the God Of Jacob and the God of Issac." "I am who that I am".
When God tells Moses to go to Pharaoh and free his people,Moses says "Who shall I say sent me?" and God replied "Tell them I Am,sent you."
I have always wondered,what exactly did God mean when he said this?
Who or what is I am,there has to be more to this statement?
Did he mean I Am the one true God,The God of the Prophets,maybe the only God?
But I already knew that,there just had to be more to those two simple words.
The other afternoon I happened upon the Oprah show and she had a man on who wrote a documentary,called I Am, about his struggle from what the world considers a successful materialistic life style to an understanding,by free choice,of how living with out the excess means entering a more richly spiritual reality or true life.
Coming to the realization that success is not always what we have been taught.
Has they showed parts to his documentary,it suddenly struck me what God meant when he said I Am,he meant "I Am Everything" including you.
I am not just a Deity I am life it self.
I am the animals,the trees,the grass,and the very air you breath,the life around you and in you.
Everything that you see,hear,touch or taste,more things then you can even understand or imagine... I Am everything.
I am you,everyone and everything.
Together we are interdependent because God is all encompassing and everywhere we are so is he.
I Am intertconnected with you...and you are because of me.

No comments: