Saturday, May 28, 2011

Give 150.Com

Since I was a teenager I have always been interested in the Civil War.
My interest has brought me to Washington D.C. and Gettysburg multiple times,even attending a re-enactment one July 4 weekend over 10 years ago.
My husband Vic and I have visited many of the Virgina Battlefields both great and small ones and still to this day I long to spend my free time in search of more history.
The opportunity to see such great battle sites is a blessing,but alas with technology and buildings on the rise these fields,some day in the future,may only be a fond memory.
The loss of any historic site is a loss of who we are both our good and bad.
They say those who forget their past are bound to repeat it.
If your interested in helping to keep our Civil War History sites in the hands of the preservers and not the strip mall and condo builders,then please consider going to the web site " give150.com " and for every donation you make,even one as small as a $1.50,the history channel will match you.
So if you can give up one cup of coffee in the up coming week,you can save a piece of history for future generations.
We aren't in need of another strip mall but we our in need of our past.

No comments: