Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Voting Day

My father worked at a job where he would come home for an hour at lunch time.
Every election day he and my mother would eat lunch,then go together and vote,before he had to return and finish out his shift.
My father and uncles all fought during wold war 2,and the thought of not voting was never an option,in our family.
When I turned 18 years of age,the first thing I did was register to vote.
The choice of which party to belong to came easy,since I have always had a great deal of respect for Abraham Lincoln,the Republican Party became my party.
With living in  Connecticut and not being a Democrat,I am not  afforded many wins,but vote I go, every first Tuesday of November.
This year was a high point for me,not in my own state,which followed its liberal course,but nation wide.
This year Republicans did well and hopefully,the senate can now vote on things,with Harry Reed being made minority leader.
We are so fortunate to live in the united states, where we get to choose who we want to lead us.
Many people in many countries,will never know this ability of personal power,they live by the will of their leaders and change is not possible.
So last night,weather you won or lost,feel good in knowing that you make a difference and if your candidate didn't win remember next November on the first Tuesday of the month,you will be given the opportunity to make a change, because you have the freedom to vote for the candidate of your choice.

No comments: